DID YOU KNOW?
In most states including New Jersey, the 2018 Open Enrollment Period runs from November 1 to December 15, 2017.
Clients can get free help to enroll or renew their plan.
• Most consumers have six weeks to enroll in or renew a plan, which starts January 1, 2018.
• This is especially important for people who are new to coverage, have complex health care needs, or experience language barriers. Free, 24/7 assistance is available to everyone through the Marketplace.
• To enroll or get assistance, consumers can call the Marketplace call center at 1 (800) 318-2596 and talk to a trained enrollment specialist or search the HealthCare.gov directory for a local organization offering in-person assistance.
For clients who already have Marketplace coverage, now is the time to shop around and avoid getting auto-enrolled into a plan that may not be right for them.
• If clients do not log onto the Marketplace and actively choose a plan, they will be automatically re-enrolled in their current plan on the last day of Open Enrollment.
• If their plan is not available for next year, they will be auto-enrolled into a different plan with a similar premium.
Low-cost plans are available for most consumers.
• Last year, 8 in 10 people were eligible for financial help. Eighty percent of consumers can find a plan that costs less than $75 per month.
The penalty for not having health insurance will be a minimum of $695 for most people.